ORGANIC Capsicum "Golden California Wonder" 20 Seeds
FRUIT IS BLOCKY FOUR LOBED YELLOW MEDIUM PLANT HEIGHT 95 DAYS TO MATURE.
The seeds are reluctant to start germinating if temperatures drop at night. These are best sown in small trays in a warm, sheltered place: a small greenhouse if possible. Then plant out when about 10 -12cm (4-5in) tall.
They are from the same family as chilli but are not hot and spicy. The seeds are bitter.
Capsicums are frost tender and need warmth to ripen the fruit to the brilliant reds and yellows of commercial ones. They can be used green but are not as sweet.
There are a number of colours available, chocolate, black, yellow, orange as well as red. They all start off green and change as they ripen.
In cool, wet weather cover with a cloche or frost fleece.
Grow in seed trays, and plant out in 4-6 weeks. Sow seed at a depth approximately three times the diameter of the seed. Best planted at soil temperatures between 18°C and 35°C.
- Space plants: 20 - 50 cm apart
- Harvest in 10-12 weeks. Cut fruit off with sharp knife.
- Compatible with (can grow in same bed): Egg plant (Aubergine), Nasturtiums, Basil, Parsley, Amaranth
- Sow Moderate Climate: Oct-Dec
- Sow Warm Climate: Sep-Feb
- Sow Sub-Tropical Climate: Aug-Mar
- Sow Tropical Climate: All Year Round
- Sowing Method: Sow Direct or Raise Seedlings
- Depth: 5mm
- Row Spacing: 80-100cm
- Plant Spacing: 50-75cm
- Soil Temp: 20-25 °C
- Emerge: 10-20 Days
- Harvest: 90-120 Days
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other ilikeseeds users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.